Maps A map of the inhabited part of Canada from the French surveys, with the frontiers of New York and New England;
Early Works to 1800
New York (State)
- A map of the inhabited part of Canada from the French surveys, with the frontiers of New York and New England;
- Contributor Names
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
- Created / Published
- London, 1777.
- Subject Headings
- - Canada--Boundaries--United States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Boundaries--Canada--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Québec (Province)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New York (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Vermont--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--British forces
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Québec (Province)
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--Vermont
- - Scale ca. 1:800,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
- - Shows the Canadian-United States border from Lake Ontario along the St. Lawrence River to 45⁰ N. latitude, east to the Connecticut River, and northeast along the "Height of the land." Coverage of areas away from the boundary is focused upon the southern portion of Quebec and the northern portion of New York State, including a portion of the area which later became Vermont.
- - Inscribed to "Major General John Burgoyne."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 152
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes list of "Winter quarters of the King's Army in Canada, 1776."
- - LC copy annotated on verso: Winter quarters in Canada.
- - LC copy in two sections mounted on cloth backing.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 651/2; 651/3; 651/4; 651/5; 651/6; 700/1
- col. map 57 x 85 cm.
- Call Number
- G3401.F2 1777 .F3
- G3401.F2 1777 .F3 Copy 2 Vault : Am. 5-18b Mounted on cloth in nine sections; coloration differs.
- G3401.F2 1777 .F3 Copy 3 Vault Map in two sections; coloration differs. Watermark: J. Whatman.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3401f ar015200 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3401f.ar015200
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.