A new map of Nova Scotia, and Cape Breton Island with the adjacent parts of New England and Canada, composed from a great number of actual surveys; and other materials regulated by many new astronomical observations of the longitude as well as latitude;
Articles and Essays with this item:
Saint Lawrence River Valley
Saint Lawrence River Valley
- A new map of Nova Scotia, and Cape Breton Island with the adjacent parts of New England and Canada, composed from a great number of actual surveys; and other materials regulated by many new astronomical observations of the longitude as well as latitude;
- Contributor Names
- Jefferys, Thomas, -1771.
- Created Published
- London; Printed & sold by R. Sayer & J. Bennett, 1775.
- Subject Headings
- - Nova Scotia
- - Maritime Provinces
- - New England
- - Saint Lawrence River Valley
- - Canada
- - Canada--Nova Scotia.
- - Canada--Maritime Provinces.
- - United States--New England.
- - Canada--Saint Lawrence River Valley.
- - Canada.
- - Scale ca. 1:1,900,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - "VII" located above upper right corner of border.
- - Shows Maritime Provinces, New England, and St. Lawrence Valley region to Montreal.
- - From the author's The American atlas. 1775.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes table of sources of observations.
- Col. Map 47 X 61 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3420 1775 .J4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3420 np000010 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3420.np000010
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Mapping the National Parks
Additional Conservation and Environment Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division