Maps A new map of North America, with the British, French, Spanish, Dutch & Danish dominions on that great continent; and the West India Islands,
Articles and Essays with this item:
Anville, Jean Baptiste Bourguignon D
Robert De Vaugondy, Didier
Early Works to 1800
- A new map of North America, with the British, French, Spanish, Dutch & Danish dominions on that great continent; and the West India Islands,
- Contributor Names
- Sayer, Robert, 1725-1794.
- Anville, Jean Baptiste Bourguignon d', 1697-1782.
- Robert de Vaugondy, Didier, 1723-1786.
- Created / Published
- London, Printed for Robt. Sayer [1750?]
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - Scale ca. 1:18,500,000.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Hand colored.
- - Shows boundaries, cities and towns, roads, forts, Indian villages and tribal territory, and vegetation.
- - Also shows anchorages, currents, and routes of navigation along the coast.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 9
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes historical notes, text, 10 insets of harbors, and a table showing that "North America is divided into the continent & the islands" according to geography and politics.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 58 x 96 cm.
- Call Number
- G3300 1750 .S3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3300 np000059 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3300.np000059
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Mapping the National Parks
Additional Conservation and Environment Cartographic Items
American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789
Military Battles and Campaigns
Geography and Map Division