Maps An accurate map of North America. Describing and distinguishing the British, Spanish and French dominions on this great continent; exhibiting the present seat of war, and the French encroachments. Also all the West India Islands belonging to, and possessed by the several European princes and states.
Articles and Essays with this item:
Gibson, J. (John)
Early Works to 1800
- An accurate map of North America. Describing and distinguishing the British, Spanish and French dominions on this great continent; exhibiting the present seat of war, and the French encroachments. Also all the West India Islands belonging to, and possessed by the several European princes and states.
- Contributor Names
- Bowen, Emanuel, -1767.
- Gibson, J. (John), active 1750-1792.
- Sayer, Robert, 1725-1794.
- Created / Published
- London, Printed for Robt. Sayer [1755?]
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - Scale ca. 1:550,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Lowery 409
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 20
- - Includes historical notes, notes on territorial claims, and insets of "A particular map of Baffin and Hudson's Bay" and "The passage by land to California."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy sectioned and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 700/1; 700/2
- col. map 102 x 92 cm. on 2 sheets 52 x 120 cm.
- Call Number
- G3300 1755 .B61
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3300 ar002001 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3300.ar002001
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.