Maps A general topography of North America and the West Indies. Being a collection of all the maps, charts, plans, and particular surveys, that have been published of that part of the world, either in Europe or America.
Early Works to 1800
- A general topography of North America and the West Indies. Being a collection of all the maps, charts, plans, and particular surveys, that have been published of that part of the world, either in Europe or America.
- Contributor Names
- Jefferys, Thomas, -1771.
- Created / Published
- London, R. Sayer, 1768.
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - West Indies--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - West Indies
- - Added t.p., in French: Topographie generale de l'Amerique séptentrionale et Indes occidentales ...
- - English and French.
- - Two maps, "Plan of the French attacks upon the island of Grenada", 1779, and "Attack of the rebels upon Fort Penobscot in the province of New England", 1779, inserted.
- - Phillips, 1196
- - Phillips, 2697
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789: 21, 29, 95, 121-122, 231, 280, 307, 396, 453, 608, 619, 713, 798, 839, 870, 1104, 1120, 1294, 1310, 1393, 1429, 1503, 1508, 1517, 1604, 1658, 1677, 1689, 1734, 1781, 1790, 1792, 1797, 1801, 1809, 1826, 1832, 1834, 1837, 1840, 1845, 1853, 1909, 1925, 1988, 2002, 2016, 2021, 2028, 2049, 2104, 2108, 2121
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 4, 4 p. 107 col. maps (part fold.) 57 cm.
- Call Number
- G1105 .J4 1768
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3300m gar00003 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3300m.gar00003
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.