Maps A map of the country between Albemarle Sound, and Lake Erie, comprehending the whole of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Pensylvania, with parts of several other of the United States of America.
Middle Atlantic States
Middle Atlantic States
- A map of the country between Albemarle Sound, and Lake Erie, comprehending the whole of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Pensylvania, with parts of several other of the United States of America.
- Contributor Names
- Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826.
- Created / Published
- London, John Stockdale, 1787.
- Subject Headings
- - Middle Atlantic States
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - Scale ca. 1:1,300,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially and by hachures.
- - Prime meridian: Philadelphia.
- - Shows boundaries.
- - "The country on the eastern side of the Alleganey Mountains, is taken from Fry and Jefferson's Map of Virginia and Scull's Map of Pennsylvania ... that on the western side of the Alleganey, is taken from Hutchins ... additions have been made, where they could be made on sure ground."
- - From the author's Notes on the State of Virginia. 1787.
- - LC copy 2 annotated on verso: The property of Jed. Hotchkiss-Staunton, Va.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 762
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 60 x 59 cm.
- Call Number
- G3790 1787 .J4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3790 ar076200 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3790.ar076200
- g3790 ar076201 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3790.ar076201
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.