Maps A new and accurate map of part of North-America, comprehending the provinces of New England, New York, Pensilvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island & part of Virginia, Canada and Hallifax, for the illustration of Mr. Peter Kalms travels.
Gibson, J. (John)
Early Works to 1800
- A new and accurate map of part of North-America, comprehending the provinces of New England, New York, Pensilvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island & part of Virginia, Canada and Hallifax, for the illustration of Mr. Peter Kalms travels.
- Contributor Names
- Gibson, J. (John), active 1750-1792.
- Created / Published
- [London?] 1771.
- Subject Headings
- - Northeastern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Northeastern States
- - Scale ca. 1:2,300,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Covers the area from Quebec to lower Chesapeake Bay and west along the St. Lawrence River and the Great Lakes to Fort Detroit.
- - Shows provinces, towns and cities, forts, some residences, landmarks, salt and coal deposits, swamps, grasslands, waterfalls, Indian villages, and relief.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Includes historical and descriptive notes.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 726
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 57 x 78 cm.
- Call Number
- G3710 1771 .G5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3710 ar072600 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3710.ar072600
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.