Maps A topographical chart of the bay of Narraganset in the province of New England, with all the isles contained therein, among which Rhode Island and Connonicut have been particularly surveyed, shewing the true position & bearings of the banks, shoals, rocks &c. as likewise the soundings; To which have been added the several works & batteries raised by the Americans. Taken by order of the principal farmers on Rhode Island.
Narragansett Bay (R.I.)
- A topographical chart of the bay of Narraganset in the province of New England, with all the isles contained therein, among which Rhode Island and Connonicut have been particularly surveyed, shewing the true position & bearings of the banks, shoals, rocks &c. as likewise the soundings; To which have been added the several works & batteries raised by the Americans. Taken by order of the principal farmers on Rhode Island.
- Contributor Names
- Blaskowitz, Charles.
- Created / Published
- [London] Engraved & printed for Wm. Faden, 1777.
- Subject Headings
- - Narragansett Bay (R.I.)
- - Rhode Island--Defenses
- - Nautical charts--Rhode Island--Narragansett Bay
- - United States--Rhode Island--Narragansett Bay
- - Scale ca. 1:50,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Inscribed "To the Right Honourable Hugh Earl Percy ... with His Lordship's permission ... by ... Wm. Faden."
- - Includes text, "References to the batteries," and "A list of the principal farms in Rhode Island."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1003
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 651/2; 650/3; 700/1
- col. map 93 x 65 cm.
- Call Number
- G3772.N3 1777 .B5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3772n ar100301 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3772n.ar100301
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.