Maps A chart of Delaware Bay and River : containing a full and exact description of the shores, creeks, harbours, soundings, shoals, sands, and bearings of the most considerable land marks, from the capes to Philadelphia /
Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)
Delaware River (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)
Early Works to 1800
- A chart of Delaware Bay and River : containing a full and exact description of the shores, creeks, harbours, soundings, shoals, sands, and bearings of the most considerable land marks, from the capes to Philadelphia /
- Contributor Names
- Fisher, Joshua, 1707-1783.
- Haydon, William.
- Dury, Andrew.
- Created / Published
- London : A. Dury, 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)--Early works to 1800
- - Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--Delaware River (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)--Early works to 1800
- - Delaware River (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware Bay
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware Bay
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware River
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware River
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Delaware River
- - Scale ca. 1:275,000.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Shows ship channels.
- - Includes list of subscribers and "Tide table."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1359
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 650/1; 651/2; 650/3; 651/4; 700/1; 700/2
- col. map ; 46 x 70 cm.
- Call Number
- G3832.D4P5 1776 .F51
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3832d ar135900 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3832d.ar135900
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.