Maps A Plan of West Florida, the Isle of Orleans, and some parts of the Spanish dominions to the westward of the Mississipi.
Early Works to 1800
Gulf Coast (U.S.)
- A Plan of West Florida, the Isle of Orleans, and some parts of the Spanish dominions to the westward of the Mississipi.
- Created / Published
- [ca. 1763]
- Subject Headings
- - Mississippi--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Gulf Coast (U.S.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Mississippi
- - United States--Gulf Coast
- - Scale 1:760,320; 12 miles to an in.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Shows the present state of Mississippi, southeastern Louisiana, and Mobile Bay.
- - Includes note on navigation and "This line being proposed to be the eastern boundary of the New Collony is supposed to run parrallel to the R. Mississipi and to continue in this direction 'till it strikes on the R. Ohio."
- - Mounted on cloth backing.
- - Printed label describing the map mounted on verso.
- - Annotated in black ink in lower left corner: 175.
- - Maggs number annotated in pencil in lower right corner: 94.
- - Order number annotated in pencil in lower margin: 367892/27.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1601
- - LC Luso-Hispanic World, 841
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 146 x 51 cm.
- Call Number
- G3980 1763 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase
American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789
Military Battles and Campaigns
Geography and Map Division