Maps Carte de la Nouvelle Angleterre, Nouvelle Yorck, et Pensilvanie.
Bellin, Jacques Nicolas
Middle Atlantic States
Early Works to 1800
Middle Atlantic States
- Carte de la Nouvelle Angleterre, Nouvelle Yorck, et Pensilvanie.
- Contributor Names
- Bellin, Jacques Nicolas, 1703-1772.
- Created / Published
- [Paris] 1757.
- Subject Headings
- - New England--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New England
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - Covers the area from Penobscot Bay to Chesapeake Bay and west to Lake Erie.
- - Shows provices, towns, forts, rivers, Indian tribal territory, and relief.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridian: Paris.
- - "Tom. XIV. in 4⁰, no. 9. Tome 14. in 8⁰, page 97." in lower margin.
- - Appears in Jean François de La Harpe's Abrégé de l'histoire générale des voyages. 1780.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 721
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map 21 x 30 cm.
- Call Number
- G3720 1757 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3720 ar072100 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3720.ar072100
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.