Maps To the Honorable Thomas Penn and Richard Penn, Esquires, true and absolute proprietaries and Governors of the Province of Pennsylvania and the territories thereunto belonging and to the Honorable John Penn, Esquire, Lieutenant-Governor of the same, this map. Of the Province of Pennsylvania.
Administrative and Political Divisions
- To the Honorable Thomas Penn and Richard Penn, Esquires, true and absolute proprietaries and Governors of the Province of Pennsylvania and the territories thereunto belonging and to the Honorable John Penn, Esquire, Lieutenant-Governor of the same, this map. Of the Province of Pennsylvania.
- Contributor Names
- Scull, William, active 1765.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia, Printed by James Nevil, 1770.
- Subject Headings
- - Pennsylvania
- - Pennsylvania--Administrative and political divisions
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - Scale ca. 1:633,600.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Hand colored.
- - Shows county boundaries.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1295
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 55 x 82 cm.
- Call Number
- G3820 1770 .S3
- G3820 1770 .S3 Vault Copy 2 uncolored, mounted on paper, laminated.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3820 ar129500 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3820.ar129500
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.