Maps A map of Pennsylvania exhibiting not only the improved parts of that Province, but also its extensive frontiers: Laid down from actual surveys and chiefly from the late map of W. Scull published in 1770; and humbly inscribed to the Honourable Thomas Penn and Richard Penn, Esquires, true and absolute proprietaries & Governors of the Province of Pennsylvania and the territories thereunto belonging.
Robert Sayer and John Bennett (Firm)
Administrative and Political Divisions
- A map of Pennsylvania exhibiting not only the improved parts of that Province, but also its extensive frontiers: Laid down from actual surveys and chiefly from the late map of W. Scull published in 1770; and humbly inscribed to the Honourable Thomas Penn and Richard Penn, Esquires, true and absolute proprietaries & Governors of the Province of Pennsylvania and the territories thereunto belonging.
- Contributor Names
- Robert Sayer and John Bennett (Firm)
- Created / Published
- London, Printed for Robt. Sayer & J. Bennett, 1775.
- Subject Headings
- - Pennsylvania
- - Pennsylvania--Administrative and political divisions
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - Scale ca. 1:365,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth and paper backing.
- - LC copy imperfect: Bottom and right margin deteriorated.
- - "Longitude west from London."
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows county boundaries.
- - Appears in Thomas Jefferys' The American atlas. 1775.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1296
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 110; 651/1; 651/2
- col. map 68 x 134 cm.
- Call Number
- G3820 1775 .R6
- G3820 1775 .R6 Copy 2 Vault Imperfect, upper margin trimmed and other margins and map folds deteriorated
- G3820 1775 .R6 Copy 3 Vault Minor hand color variations. On verso: 19
- G3820 1775 .R6 Copy 4 Vault : Am 1-19 Minor hand color variations. Margins trimmed
- G3820 1775 .R6 Copy 5 Vault : Am 5-21 Minor hand color variations. Sectioned and mounted on cloth backing
- G3820 1775 .R6 Copy 6 Vault : Am 5-21 Minor hand color variations
- G3820 1775 .R6 Copy 7 Vault : Am 6-14 Sectioned and mounted on cloth backing
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3820 ar129600 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3820.ar129600
- g3820 ar129601 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3820.ar129601
- g3820 ar129602 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3820.ar129602
- g3820 ar129603 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3820.ar129603
- g3820 ar129604 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3820.ar129604
- g3820 ar129605 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3820.ar129605
- g3820 ar129606 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3820.ar129606
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.