Maps An accurate map of North and South Carolina with their Indian frontiers, shewing in a distinct manner all the mountains, rivers, swamps, marshes, bays, creeks, harbours, sandbanks and soundings on the coasts; with the roads and Indian paths; as well as the boundary or provincial lines, the several townships and other divisions of the land in both provinces;
Administrative and Political Divisions
- An accurate map of North and South Carolina with their Indian frontiers, shewing in a distinct manner all the mountains, rivers, swamps, marshes, bays, creeks, harbours, sandbanks and soundings on the coasts; with the roads and Indian paths; as well as the boundary or provincial lines, the several townships and other divisions of the land in both provinces;
- Contributor Names
- Mouzon, Henry.
- Created / Published
- London, Printed for Robt. Sayer and J: Bennett, 1775.
- Subject Headings
- - North Carolina
- - South Carolina
- - North Carolina--Administrative and political divisions
- - South Carolina--Administrative and political divisions
- - Harbors--South Carolina--Charleston
- - Harbors--South Carolina--Beaufort
- - Sea Islands
- - United States--North Carolina
- - United States--South Carolina
- - United States--South Carolina--Charleston
- - United States--South Carolina--Beaufort
- - United States--Sea Islands
- - Scale ca. 1:530,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Sectioned and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Imperfect: Deteriorated along folds.
- - "Longitude west from London."
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Shows precinct boundaries.
- - Appears in Thomas Jefferys' The American atlas. 1775.
- - Insets: The harbour of Port Royal [ca. 1:200,000]--The bar and harbour of Charlestown [ca. 1:75,000]
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1394
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 101 x 142 cm.
- Call Number
- G3900 1775 .M61
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3900 ar139400 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3900.ar139400
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.