Maps A map of South Carolina and a part of Georgia. Containing the whole sea-coast; all the islands, inlets, rivers, creeks, parishes, townships, boroughs, roads, and bridges: As also, several plantations, with their proper boundary-lines, their names, and the names of their proprietors.
Administrative and Political Divisions
- A map of South Carolina and a part of Georgia. Containing the whole sea-coast; all the islands, inlets, rivers, creeks, parishes, townships, boroughs, roads, and bridges: As also, several plantations, with their proper boundary-lines, their names, and the names of their proprietors.
- Contributor Names
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
- Created / Published
- London, 1780.
- Subject Headings
- - South Carolina
- - South Carolina--Administrative and political divisions
- - Georgia
- - Georgia--Administrative and political divisions
- - Real property--South Carolina
- - Real property--Georgia
- - United States--South Carolina
- - United States--Georgia
- - Scale ca. 1:322,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - "West longitude from London."
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes indexes for "The names of the proprietors of land in South Carolina" and "The names of the proprietors of land in Georgia."
- - Two copies. Copy 1, only boundaries colored. Copy 2, colored in. DLC
- col. map 134 x 122 cm. on 2 sheets 78 x 126 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3910 1780 .F3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3910 ct001281 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3910.ct001281
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.