A map of the land abt. Red Stone and Fort Pitt,
Ohio River Watershed
Fort Pitt (Pa.)
Fort Pitt (Pittsburgh)
Ohio River Watershed
Pittsburgh Region (Pa.)
- A map of the land abt. Red Stone and Fort Pitt,
- Contributor Names
- Washington, George,
- Created Published
- [Ca. 1780]
- Subject Headings
- - Pennsylvania
- - Virginia
- - West Virginia
- - Ohio River Watershed
- - Fort Pitt (Pa.)
- - Pittsburgh Region (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania.
- - United States--Virginia.
- - United States--West Virginia.
- - United States--Ohio River Watershed.
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Fort Pitt (Pittsburgh)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh Region.
- - Scale ca. 1:600,000.
- - Title from verso.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - The title, land tract boundaries with owners' initials, and some place names have been identified as annotations by George Washington made ca. 1780. The author and date of the manuscript map is not known; reference sources indicate between 1758 and 1771.
- - Phillips. Maps of America p. 713
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1332
- - Shows Ohio River watershed in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Map On Sheet 60 X 42 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3820 1780 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3820 ct000360 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3820.ct000360
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.