Maps A map of the provinces of New-York and New-Yersey, with a part of Pennsylvania and the Province of Quebec.
Sauthier, Claude Joseph
Administrative and Political Divisions
Early Works to 1800
New York (State)
- A map of the provinces of New-York and New-Yersey, with a part of Pennsylvania and the Province of Quebec.
- Contributor Names
- Sauthier, Claude Joseph.
- Created / Published
- Augsburg, 1777.
- Subject Headings
- - New York (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New York (State)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New Jersey--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New Jersey--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Northeastern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Québec (Province)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--New Jersey
- - United States--Northeastern States
- - Canada--Québec (Province)
- - Scale ca. 1:1,040,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth and paper backing.
- - Prime meridian: New York.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - LC copy annotated in upper left margin: 8.11.4s.IV.
- - Shows administrative divisions in New York and New Jersey.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1048
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 76 x 57 cm.
- Call Number
- G3800 1777 .S2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3800 ar104800 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3800.ar104800
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.