Maps A chorographical map of the Province of New-York in North America, divided into counties, manors, patents and townships; exhibiting likewise all the private grants of land made and located in that Province;
Sauthier, Claude Joseph
Administrative and Political Divisions
Early Works to 1800
New York (State)
- A chorographical map of the Province of New-York in North America, divided into counties, manors, patents and townships; exhibiting likewise all the private grants of land made and located in that Province;
- Contributor Names
- Sauthier, Claude Joseph.
- Created / Published
- London, 1779.
- Subject Headings
- - New York (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--New York (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New York (State)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)
- - Scale ca. 1:322,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by form lines.
- - Inscribed: To His Excellency Major General William Tryon ...
- - "Advertisement. The tracts of land coloured red, are military grants ... Those with a green edge are manors, and those coloured yellow are townships ... "
- - Appears in Thomas Jefferys' The American atlas. 1776.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1070
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copies 1-2 sectioned and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 185 x 141 cm. on 3 sheets 70 x 148 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3800 1779 .S2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3800 ar107000 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3800.ar107000
- g3800 ar107001 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3800.ar107001
- g3800 ar107003 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3800.ar107003
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.