Maps Mappa geographica Provinciæ Nova Eboraci ab Anglis New-York dictæ ex ampliori delineatione ad exactas dimensiones concinnata in arctius spatium redacta cura Claudii Josephi Sauthier cui accedit Nova Jersey ex topographicis observationibus.
Homann Erben (Firm)
Administrative and Political Divisions
Early Works to 1800
New York (State)
- Mappa geographica Provinciæ Nova Eboraci ab Anglis New-York dictæ ex ampliori delineatione ad exactas dimensiones concinnata in arctius spatium redacta cura Claudii Josephi Sauthier cui accedit Nova Jersey ex topographicis observationibus.
- Contributor Names
- Homann Erben (Firm)
- Created / Published
- Norimbergæ, 1778.
- Subject Headings
- - New York (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New York (State)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New Jersey--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New Jersey--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Northeastern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--New Jersey
- - United States--Northeastern States
- - Scale ca. 1:1,050,000.
- - Title in upper margin: Carte geographique des provinces Neu-York et Neu-Jersey en Amérique publié par les Heritiers de Homann 1778.
- - Hand colored.
- - Prime meridian: New York.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows administrative boundaries in New York and New Jersey. Also shows portions of Pennsylvania and New England.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1049
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 36 x 55 cm. on 2 sheets 45 x 62 cm. and 44 x 61 cm.
- Call Number
- G3800 1778 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3800 ar104900 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3800.ar104900
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.