Maps The marches of Lord Cornwallis in the Southern Provinces, now States of North America; comprehending the two Carolinas, with Virginia and Maryland, and the Delaware counties.
- The marches of Lord Cornwallis in the Southern Provinces, now States of North America; comprehending the two Carolinas, with Virginia and Maryland, and the Delaware counties.
- Contributor Names
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
- Created / Published
- London, 1787.
- Subject Headings
- - Southern States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783
- - United States--Southern States
- - Scale ca. 1:1,500,000.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - "References. The marches of the army under Ld. Cornwallis are coloured red. Those of the guard under Brigr. Genl. O'Hara are coloured blue. Those of the British legion under Lt. Coll. Tarleton are coloured yellow."
- - Shows routes for marches in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia.
- - From Banastre Tarleton's A history of the campaigns of 1780 and 1781, in the Southern Provinces of North America. 1787. Opposite p. 1.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1409
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 66 x 50 cm. fold. to 18 x 13 cm.
- Call Number
- G3861.S3 1787 .F3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3861s ar140900 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3861s.ar140900
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.