Maps The provinces of New York and New Jersey; with part of Pensilvania, and the province of Quebec.
New York City
Administrative and Political Divisions
New York (N.Y.)
New York (State)
Perth Amboy (N.J.)
- The provinces of New York and New Jersey; with part of Pensilvania, and the province of Quebec.
- Contributor Names
- Holland, Samuel, 1728-1801.
- Created / Published
- London, Robt. Sayer & John Bennett, 1775 [i.e. 1776]
- Subject Headings
- - Northeastern States
- - New York (State)
- - New York (State)--Administrative and political divisions
- - New Jersey
- - New Jersey--Administrative and political divisions
- - Québec (Province)
- - New York (N.Y.)
- - Perth Amboy (N.J.)
- - United States--Northeastern States
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--New York (State)--New York
- - United States--New Jersey
- - United States--New Jersey--Perth Amboy
- - Canada--Québec (Province)
- - Scale ca. 1:650,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - LC copy deteriorated in margins.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows administrative divisions.
- - Insets: A chart of the mouth of Hudson's River, from Sandy Hook to New York.--A plan of the city of New York.--Plan of Amboy, with its environs, from an actual survey.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1043
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 651/2; 651/3; 651/4; 651/5; 651/6; 651/7; 651/8; 700/1; 710/2
- col. map 136 x 51 cm.
- Call Number
- G3800 1776 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3800 ar104300 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3800.ar104300
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.