Maps Course of the river Mississipi from the Balise to Fort Chartres; taken on an expedition to the Illinois, in the latter end of the year 1765.
- Course of the river Mississipi from the Balise to Fort Chartres; taken on an expedition to the Illinois, in the latter end of the year 1765.
- Contributor Names
- Ross, Lieut.
- Created / Published
- London, Printed for Robt. Sayer, 1775 [i.e. 1780]
- Subject Headings
- - Mississippi River
- - United States--Mississippi River
- - Scale ca. 1:890,000.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Copy 1: "Mississippi 33" on verso.
- - Three copies. Copy 1: colored in yellow and green; copy 2: colored in yellow and brown; copy 3: colored in blue and yellow.
- - Copy 1: from Thomas Kitchen's A general atlas. 1780.
- - Copies 2 and 3: from Thomas Jeffery's The American atlas. 1775.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 781
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 651; 700
- col. map 113 x 35 cm.
- Call Number
- G4042.M5 1765 .R61
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4042m ar078100 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4042m.ar078100
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.