Maps A general map of the middle British colonies, in America. Containing Virginia, Maryland, the Delaware counties, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. With the addition of New York, and the greatest part of New England, as also of the bordering parts of the province of Quebec, improved from several surveys made after the late war, and corrected from Governor Pownall's late map 1776.
Robert Sayer and John Bennett (Firm)
- A general map of the middle British colonies, in America. Containing Virginia, Maryland, the Delaware counties, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. With the addition of New York, and the greatest part of New England, as also of the bordering parts of the province of Quebec, improved from several surveys made after the late war, and corrected from Governor Pownall's late map 1776.
- Contributor Names
- Robert Sayer and John Bennett (Firm)
- Created / Published
- London, Printed for R. Sayer & J. Bennett, map, chart & printsellers, 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - Northeastern States
- - British--America
- - United States--Northeastern States
- - Scale ca. 1:2,300,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - "The seat of the war in the middle British colonies, containing Virginia, Maryland, the Delaware counties, &ca."
- - From the author's The American military pocket atlas. 
- - Inset: A sketch of the upper parts of Canada.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 714
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Two copies. Copy 1 has Virginia and New York outlined in red and New England in yellow. Copy 2 has Virginia and New York outlined in yellow and New England in brown.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 48 x 66 cm.
- Call Number
- G3710 1776 .R6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3710 ar071400 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3710.ar071400
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.