Maps The provinces of New York, and New Jersey; with part of Pensilvania and the province of Quebec. Drawn by Major Holland, Surveyor General of the Northern District in America.
Broenner, Harry Lodowick
Administrative and Political Divisions
Early Works to 1800
New York (State)
- The provinces of New York, and New Jersey; with part of Pensilvania and the province of Quebec. Drawn by Major Holland, Surveyor General of the Northern District in America.
- Contributor Names
- Pownall, Thomas, 1722-1805.
- Holland, Samuel, 1728-1801.
- Broenner, Harry Lodowick.
- Contger, Henry.
- Created / Published
- Frankfort upon the Mayn, Harry Lodowick Broenner, 1777.
- Subject Headings
- - New York (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New Jersey--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New York (State)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--New Jersey
- - Scale ca. 1:650,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - Insets: A chart of the mouth of Hudsons River, from Sandy Hook to New York.--Plan of Amboy with its environs from an actual survey.--A plan of the city of New York.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1046
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 651/2; 651/3
- col. map 133 x 52 cm.
- Call Number
- G3800 1777 .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3800 ar104600 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3800.ar104600
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.