Maps A new and accurate map of New Jersey, Pensilvania, New York and New England with the adjacent countries.
Early Works to 1800
- A new and accurate map of New Jersey, Pensilvania, New York and New England with the adjacent countries.
- Contributor Names
- Bowen, Emanuel, -1767.
- Created / Published
- [London, 1752]
- Subject Headings
- - Northeastern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Northeastern States
- - Scale ca. 1:12,250,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - "No. 62" in lower left margin.
- - Covers the area from the Bay of Fundy southward along the coast to Chesapeake Bay, and west to the Finger Lakes district in New York.
- - Shows towns and cities, forts, Indian villiages and tribal territory, some vegetation, shoals and banks along the coast, and relief.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - From the author's A complete atlas or distinct view of the known world, 1752.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 706
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 35 x 43 cm.
- Call Number
- G3710 1752 .B6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3710 ar070600 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3710.ar070600
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.