Maps Partie de l'Amérique septentrionale, qui comprend le cours de l'Ohio, la Nlle. Angleterre, la Nlle York, le New Jersey, la Pensylvanie, le Maryland, la Virginie, la Caroline.
Robert De Vaugondy, Gilles
Ohio River Valley
Ohio River Valley
- Partie de l'Amérique septentrionale, qui comprend le cours de l'Ohio, la Nlle. Angleterre, la Nlle York, le New Jersey, la Pensylvanie, le Maryland, la Virginie, la Caroline.
- Contributor Names
- Robert de Vaugondy, Gilles, 1688-1766.
- Created / Published
- [Paris? 1755]
- Subject Headings
- - United States
- - Ohio River Valley
- - United States--Ohio River Valley
- - Scale ca. 1:3,000,000.
- - Title on verso: "Cours de l'Ohyo."
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Covers the area from the Great Lakes to South Carolina and from the Atlantic coast to the Mississippi River.
- - Shows provinces, counties, towns and cities, riviers, Indian villages and tribal territory, forts, numerous place-names, and relief.
- - Appears in the author's Atlas universal. 1757 [i.e. 1758]
- - Includes "Supplément pour la Caroline."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 718
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 651/2
- col. map 48 x 63 cm.
- Call Number
- G3700 1755 .R6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3700 ar071800 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.ar071800
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.