Maps North America, performed under the patronage of Louis Duke of Orleans, First Prince of the Blood;
- North America, performed under the patronage of Louis Duke of Orleans, First Prince of the Blood;
- Contributor Names
- Bolton, Solomon, -approximately 1768.
- Created / Published
- [London] Printed for John and Paul Knapton, 1752.
- Subject Headings
- - North America
- - Scale ca. 1:6,000,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows provinces, cities and towns, forts, Indian villages and tribal territory.
- - Also shows shoals, banks, and other navigational hazards off the coast of Nova Scotia and in the Caribbean area.
- - Originally issued in 4 plates. LC copy mounted as 1 map.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 13
- - "N.B. This large map of North America was originally engrav'd at Paris, ..."
- - Includes historical and descriptive notes, and an inset chart of Baffin Bay and Hudson Bay.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 89 x 90 cm.
- Call Number
- G3300 1752 .B62
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3300 ar001300 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3300.ar001300
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789
Military Battles and Campaigns
Geography and Map Division