Maps A new plan of the island of Grenada, from the original French survey of Monsieur Pinel; taken in 1763 by order of government, and now published with the addition of English names, alterations of property, and other improvements to the present year 1780;
Administrative and Political Divisions
Early Works to 1800
- A new plan of the island of Grenada, from the original French survey of Monsieur Pinel; taken in 1763 by order of government, and now published with the addition of English names, alterations of property, and other improvements to the present year 1780;
- Contributor Names
- Paterson, Daniel, 1738-1825.
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
- Created / Published
- London, William Faden, 1780.
- Subject Headings
- - Grenada--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Grenada--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Grenada
- - Scale ca. 1:34,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows administrative areas, sugar mills, and coffee and cocoa plantations.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes inscription to "Lieutt. General Robert Melvill, late His Majesty's Captain General, Governor in Chief &c. of the ceded islands of Grenada, the Grenadines, Dominica, St. Vincet, & Tobago, in America."
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 82 x 60 cm.
- Call Number
- G5130 1780 .P3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.