Maps A map of the north west parts of America, with the utmost respect, inscrib'd to His Excellency, Sir Guy Carleton, Knight of the Bath: Captain General and Governor of the province of Quebec: General and Commander in Chief of His Majesty's forces in the said province, and frontiers thereof. &c. &c. &c.,
Early Works to 1800
Indians of North America
- A map of the north west parts of America, with the utmost respect, inscrib'd to His Excellency, Sir Guy Carleton, Knight of the Bath: Captain General and Governor of the province of Quebec: General and Commander in Chief of His Majesty's forces in the said province, and frontiers thereof. &c. &c. &c.,
- Contributor Names
- Henry, Alexander, 1739-1824.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Prairie Provinces--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Ontario--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Indians of North America--Prairie Provinces--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Indians of North America--Ontario--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Canada--Prairie Provinces
- - Canada--Ontario
- - Scale ca. 1:2,000,000.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Annotated with names and descriptive notes and letterpress.
- - Watermark: J. Whatman.
- - Shows Indian tribes of western Ontario, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 787
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 102 x 215 cm.
- Call Number
- G3470 1776 .H4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3470 ar078700 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3470.ar078700
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.