Maps To His Royal Highness. George Ausgustus Frederick. Prince of Wales &c. &c. &c. This chart of the West Indies,
Speer, Joseph Smith
Early Works to 1800
- To His Royal Highness. George Ausgustus Frederick. Prince of Wales &c. &c. &c. This chart of the West Indies,
- Contributor Names
- Speer, Joseph Smith.
- Created / Published
- [Westminster? 1774?]
- Subject Headings
- - Caribbean Area--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - West Indies--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Caribbean Area
- - West Indies
- - Scale ca. 1:5,000,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Shows southern United States, Mexico, Central America, Bermudas, West Indies, and northern South America.
- - European possessions shown by color.
- - LC copy sectioned and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Includes acknowledgment dated Jan. 25, 1774 at Plantation Office, Whitehall by John Pownall, secry.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1699
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 72 x 117 cm. fold. to 25 x 32 cm.
- Call Number
- G4390 1774 .S63
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4390 ar169901 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4390.ar169901
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.