Maps Plan of the island of Tobago, laid down by actual survey under the direction of the Honorable the Commissioners for the Sale of Lands in the Ceded Islands.
Early Works to 1800
- Plan of the island of Tobago, laid down by actual survey under the direction of the Honorable the Commissioners for the Sale of Lands in the Ceded Islands.
- Contributor Names
- Byres, John.
- Created / Published
- London, S. Hooper, 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - Tobago--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Tobago
- - Scale ca. 1:49,000.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Cadastral map.
- - "To William Hewitt ... for adjusting & settling the differences & disputes which have arisen or may arise with respect to the sale of lands in the ceded islands ... John Byres."
- - Shows boundaries of salable lands.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes explanatory text.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 700/1; 700/2
- map 61 x 92 cm.
- Call Number
- G5160 1776 .B9
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g5160 ar211100 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5160.ar211100
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.