Maps The Atlantic Neptune,
Des Barres, Joseph F. W.
Atlantic Coast (North America)
- The Atlantic Neptune,
- Contributor Names
- Des Barres, Joseph F. W. 1722-1824. (Joseph Frederick Wallet),
- Created / Published
- [London, ca. 1800]
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--To 1800.--Atlantic coast (North America)
- - North America--Atlantic coast
- - L.C. copy no. 3, with 125 items.
- - Charts dated 1774 to 1781.
- - Undated ed. in 3 volumes, called part I, part II, and part III in their respective tables of contents.
- - The general t.p., without volume numbering or imprint, and the prelim. leaves are repeated in each volume.
- - The contents leaf for pt. 2 calls for a chart of Prince Edward's Island instead of St. John's Island as on the relevant chart in the volume. St. John's Island (Isle of St. John) was renamed Prince Edward Island in 1798, after Edward, Duke of Kent.
- - Cf. H. N. Stevens. Catalogue of the Henry Newton Stevens collection of the Atlantic Neptune.
- - pt. 1. The coasts and harbours of the British Colonies in North America ....--pt. 2. The coasts and harbours in and around the Gulph and River of St. Lawrence.--pt. 3. The coasts and principal harbours of the American States ....
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 3 v. illus., charts. 82 cm.
- Call Number
- G1106.P5 D423
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3301pm gan00003 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3301pm.gan00003
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.