Maps Korte beschryvinge van de landschappen des werelts enz.
Broeck, Abraham Van Den
Visscher, Claes Jansz
Early Works to 1800
- Korte beschryvinge van de landschappen des werelts enz.
- Contributor Names
- Visscher, Nicolaes, 1618-1679.
- Visscher, Claes Jansz., 1586 or 1587-1652.
- Broeck, Abraham van den, approximately 1616-approximately 1688. [from old catalog]
- Created / Published
- [Amsterdam? 166-?]
- Subject Headings
- - Bible--Geography--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Israel--Jerusalem
- - Scales vary.
- - Title from leather label on cover.
- - Label has monogram E. B. de V., surmounted by a crown.
- - Maps, not dated, intended to be bound in a Bible, but assembled in a modern half Morocco binding.
- - The maps have privileges, not dated, for 15 years, granted to N. Visscher by the states of Holland and West Friesland.
- - Maps 3, 4, and  each have engraved signature: C. J. Visscher excud.: maps 2, 3,  and : Broeck sculpsit or A. van den Broeck fecit (or sculpsit).
- - Text on versos of maps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2: 100; 630/1; 700/1 ga00
- 6 col. maps 43 cm.
- Call Number
- G2230 .V5 166-
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.