Maps A new and correct map of North America; with the West India Islands. Divided according to the last treaty of peace, concluded at Paris. 10th. Feby. 1763. Wherein are particularly distinguished, the several provinces and colonies, which compose the British Empire,
Robert Sayer and John Bennett (Firm)
Early Works to 1800
- A new and correct map of North America; with the West India Islands. Divided according to the last treaty of peace, concluded at Paris. 10th. Feby. 1763. Wherein are particularly distinguished, the several provinces and colonies, which compose the British Empire,
- Contributor Names
- Pownall, Thomas, 1722-1805.
- Created / Published
- London, Printed for Robt. Sayer and Jno. Bennett, 1777.
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - British--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - Scale ca. 1:550,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridian: London and Ferro.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 24
- - Includes historical notes, insets of "A particular map of Baffin and Hudson's Bay" and "The passage by land to California," and articles 4-7, 9, 12, 13, and 20 of the "definitive treaty."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 102 x 117 cm.
- Call Number
- G3300 1777 .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3300 ar002400 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3300.ar002400
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.