Maps [Map of military lots, tracts, patents, etc. in western Allegany and Garrett Counties, Maryland]
Allegany County (Md.)
Early Works to 1800
Garrett County (Md.)
- [Map of military lots, tracts, patents, etc. in western Allegany and Garrett Counties, Maryland]
- Contributor Names
- Veatch, Hezekiah.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Maryland--Garrett County--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--Maryland--Allegany County--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Land grants--Maryland--Allegany County--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Land grants--Maryland--Garrett County--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Allegany County (Md.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Garrett County (Md.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Maryland--Allegany County
- - United States--Maryland--Garrett County
- - Scale ca. 1:40,000.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Has watermarks.
- - "The whole amount of lots, 4163. Settled and improved, 635. Unimproved, 3520."
- - "The patent tracts are shaded with yellow, the settled and improved lots are numbered with red--and unimproved lots numbered with black."
- - Based on Map of military lots, tracts, in Allegany Cos. Md.; map made by Francis Deakins in compliance with a resolution of the General Assembly of the State of Maryland of the 20th day of May 1787.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1425
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 650/1; 650/2; 650/3; 650/4; 651/5; 651/6
- col. map, 161 x 159 cm.
- Call Number
- G3843.G3G46 1787 .V4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3843g ct000794 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3843g.ct000794
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.