Maps [Charts of the coast of Florida]
De Brahm, John Gerar William
Early Works to 1800
- [Charts of the coast of Florida]
- Contributor Names
- De Brahm, John Gerar William, 1717-approximately 1799.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Coasts--Florida--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--Florida--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Florida
- - Scales vary.
- - Title from Philip Lee Phillips' A list of maps of America. 1901. p. 280.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink.
- - Imperfect: Deteriorated in margins.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Individual maps annotated to show dates of receipt. Some maps annotated on verso with variant titles and separate numbering scheme.
- - Includes coastal profiles and text.
- - Accompanied by manuscript catalog of exhibition entries. 3 l.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1625
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- 8 maps 44 x 44 cm. or smaller on 4 sheets 128 x 61 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3932.C6 svar .D4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3932c ct000730 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3932c.ct000730
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.