Maps [Coast of Rhode Island and Long Island from Narragansett Bay to Peconic Bay.
Des Barres, Joseph F. W.
New York (State)
- [Coast of Rhode Island and Long Island from Narragansett Bay to Peconic Bay.
- Contributor Names
- Des Barres, Joseph F. W. 1722-1824. (Joseph Frederick Wallet),
- Created / Published
- London] J. F. W. Des Barres, 1779.
- Subject Headings
- - Coasts--Rhode Island
- - Coasts--New York (State)--Long Island
- - Nautical charts--Rhode Island
- - Nautical charts--New York (State)--Long Island
- - United States--Rhode Island
- - United States--New York (State)--Long Island
- - Scale ca. 1:115,000.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Soundings shown in feet.
- - Shows coast of most of Rhode Island, small portion of Connecticut, and part of Long Island from Narragansett Bay to Peconic Bay.
- - LC copy imperfect: Incomplete, deterioration along fold, and brittle on edges.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1005
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map on sheet 76 x 107 cm.
- Call Number
- G3772.C6 1779 .D41
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3772c ar100500 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3772c.ar100500
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789
Military Battles and Campaigns
Geography and Map Division