Maps [Map showing Caribbean area including West Indies and Gulf of Mexico.
Gulf of Mexico
Early Works to 1800
Gulf Coast (Mexico)
Gulf Coast (U.S.)
Mexico, Gulf Of
- [Map showing Caribbean area including West Indies and Gulf of Mexico.
- Created / Published
- ca. 1770]
- Subject Headings
- - Caribbean Area--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - West Indies--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Mexico, Gulf of--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Coasts--Caribbean Area--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Coasts--West Indies--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Coasts--Mexico, Gulf of--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Gulf Coast (Mexico)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Gulf Coast (U.S.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Caribbean Area
- - West Indies
- - Mexico, Gulf of
- - Mexico--Gulf Coast
- - United States--Gulf Coast
- - Scale ca. 1:6,000,000.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1696
- - LC Nautical charts on vellum ; 33
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink, green watercolor, and pencil, on vellum.
- - A narrow elongation, 19 x 3 cm., extending from the simulated neck on the left side, was apparently designed to fasten the chart when rolled.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes index to islands to the Florida Keys.
- - Maggs number annotated in pencil in lower right corner: No. 4.
- - Order number annotated in pencil in middle left: 367893/27.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map on sheet 58 x 86 cm.
- Call Number
- G4390 1770 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.