Maps A chart of Delawar River from Bombay Hook to Ridley Creek, with soundings &c taken by Lt. Knight of the Navy.
Des Barres, Joseph F. W.
Delaware River (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)
New York (State)
- A chart of Delawar River from Bombay Hook to Ridley Creek, with soundings &c taken by Lt. Knight of the Navy.
- Contributor Names
- Des Barres, Joseph F. W. 1722-1824. (Joseph Frederick Wallet),
- Created / Published
- [London] 1779.
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Delaware River (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)
- - Delaware River (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware River
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware River
- - Scale ca. 1:75,000.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Includes "A plan of Delawar River from Chester to Philadelphia, shewing the situation of His Majesty's ships &c on the 15th Novr. 1777. Surveyed and sounded by Lieutenant John Hunter of the Navy," ca. 1:29,000, and index to defenses.
- - Two copies. Copy 1, land areas done in a wash. Copy 2, outlined in yellow.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 77 x 56 cm.
- Call Number
- G3792.D44P5 1779 .D4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3792d ar136900 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3792d.ar136900
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789
Military Battles and Campaigns
Geography and Map Division