Maps Map of the territory of the United States from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean; ordered by Jeff'n Davis, Secretary of War to accompany the reports of the explorations for a railroad route.
Articles and Essays with this item:
Warren, G. K.
Explorations and Surveys
- Map of the territory of the United States from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean; ordered by Jeff'n Davis, Secretary of War to accompany the reports of the explorations for a railroad route.
- Contributor Names
- Warren, G. K. 1830-1882. (Gouverneur Kemble),
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C., War Dept., 1858]
- Subject Headings
- - West (U.S.)
- - Railroads--West (U.S.)
- - Pacific railroads--Explorations and surveys
- - United States--West
- - Scale 1:3,000,000.
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - LC copy annotated in color to show boundaries, in red and blue ink and pencil to show place names, base lines, railroads and railroad exploration routes.
- - Second bar scale glued on.
- - Shows Indian tribal locations, military posts, routes and dates of expeditions and surveys.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes "Authorities."
- map 109 x 117 cm. on 4 sheets 58 x 61 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G4050 1858 .W32
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4050 np000063 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4050.np000063
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Mapping the National Parks
Additional Conservation and Environment Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division