Maps [Chart of Buzzards Bay and Vineyard Sound.
Des Barres, Joseph F. W.
Buzzards Bay Bay
Buzzards Bay (Bay)
Buzzards Bay (Mass. : Bay)
Vineyard Sound (Mass.)
- [Chart of Buzzards Bay and Vineyard Sound.
- Contributor Names
- Des Barres, Joseph F. W. (Joseph Frederick Wallet), 1722-1824.
- Created / Published
- London] 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - Buzzards Bay (Mass. : Bay)
- - Vineyard Sound (Mass.)
- - Nautical charts--Massachusetts--Buzzards Bay (Bay)
- - Nautical charts--Massachusetts--Vineyard Sound
- - United States--Massachusetts--Buzzards Bay
- - United States--Massachusetts--Vineyard Sound
- - Scale ca. 1:51,000.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - LC copy imperfect: Deteriorated along folds and lower margin.
- - No. "16" in upper left corner.
- - "Note. The soundings and nautical remarks in this chart are laid down from observations &c. of Lieutenant Knight of the Navy."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 981
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map 105 x 75 cm.
- Call Number
- G3762.B8P5 1776 .D41
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3762b ar098100 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3762b.ar098100
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.