Maps Oyster Bay and Huntington. Huntington Bay.
- Oyster Bay and Huntington. Huntington Bay.
- Contributor Names
- Des Barres, Joseph F. W. (Joseph Frederick Wallet), 1722-1824.
- Created / Published
- [London, 1778]
- Subject Headings
- - Oyster Bay (N.Y. : Bay)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Huntington Bay (N.Y. : Bay)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Hell Gate (New York, N.Y.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)--Oyster Bay (Bay)
- - United States--New York (State)--Huntington Bay (Bay)
- - United States--New York (State)--Hell Gate (New York)
- - Scale ca. 1:25,250.
- - Relief shown by hachures and shading. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Includes text and inset "Hell Gate" ca. 1:25,250.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1231
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Deteriorated along left and right margin; upper and lower margin trimmed off.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 651/2
- col map, 76 x 54 cm.
- Call Number
- G3802.O9 1778 .D4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3802o ar123100 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3802o.ar123100
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.