Maps To the Honourable House of Representatives of the Freemen of Pennsylvania this map of the city and liberties of Philadelphia with the catalogue of purchasers is humbly dedicated by their most obedient humble servant, John Reed.
Smith, Lloyd P. (Lloyd Pearsall)
Early Works to 1800
- To the Honourable House of Representatives of the Freemen of Pennsylvania this map of the city and liberties of Philadelphia with the catalogue of purchasers is humbly dedicated by their most obedient humble servant, John Reed.
- Contributor Names
- Reed, John, 1738-1776.
- Smith, Lloyd P. (Lloyd Pearsall), 1822-1886.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia, 1774. Philadelphia] Lloyd P. Smith, 1846.
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Philadelphia (Pa.)--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- - Scale 1:19,800; 100 perches to an in.
- - Cover title: Reed's map of Phila.
- - "Facsimile of Reeds map reproduced by the anastatic process. 200 copies only printed & the plates destroyed."
- - Cadastral map showing land ownership.
- - Hand colored.
- - In lower left corner of cartouche: G. Worley.
- - Includes inset of "A ground plan of the city of Philadelphia," text, lists of land purchasers, and illustrations.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1311
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Deteriorated along folds and margins.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 66 x 150 cm. fold. in cover 55 x 31 cm.
- Call Number
- G3824.P5G46 1774 .R4 1846
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.