Maps [Chart of Buzzards Bay and Vineyard Sound.
Des Barres, Joseph F. W.
Buzzards Bay Bay
Buzzards Bay (Bay)
Buzzards Bay (Mass. : Bay)
Early Works to 1800
Vineyard Sound (Mass.)
- [Chart of Buzzards Bay and Vineyard Sound.
- Contributor Names
- Des Barres, Joseph F. W. (Joseph Frederick Wallet), 1722-1824.
- Created / Published
- London] 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Massachusetts--Buzzards Bay (Bay)--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--Massachusetts--Vineyard Sound--Early works to 1800
- - Buzzards Bay (Mass. : Bay)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Vineyard Sound (Mass.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Massachusetts--Buzzards Bay (Bay)
- - United States--Massachusetts--Vineyard Sound
- - Scale ca. 1:51,500.
- - Hand colored.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - "The soundings and nautical remarks in this chart are laid down from observations &c. of Lieutenant Knight of the Navy."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 105 x 75 cm.
- Call Number
- G3762.B8P5 1776 .D4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3762b ar097900 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3762b.ar097900
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.