Maps [Chart of Nantucket Island and the eastern half of Martha's Vineyard.
Des Barres, Joseph F. W.
- [Chart of Nantucket Island and the eastern half of Martha's Vineyard.
- Scale ca. 1:51,000. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings. LC copy imperfect: Deteriorated along fold and margins. Includes navigational notes. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 977 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. map 75 x 107 cm.
- Contributor Names
- Des Barres, Joseph F. W. 1722-1824. (Joseph Frederick Wallet),
- Created / Published
- London] 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Massachusetts--Nantucket Island
- - Nautical charts--Massachusetts--Martha's Vineyard
- - United States--Massachusetts--Nantucket Island
- - United States--Massachusetts--Martha's Vineyard
- - Scale ca. 1:51,000.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - LC copy imperfect: Deteriorated along fold and margins.
- - Includes navigational notes.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 977
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 75 x 107 cm.
- Call Number
- G3762.N3P5 1776 .D42
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3762n ar097700 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3762n.ar097700
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.