Maps Colton's New topographical map of the eastern portion of the state of North Carolina : with part of Virginia & South Carolina, from the latest & best authorities /
Colton, J. H.
Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins)
- Colton's New topographical map of the eastern portion of the state of North Carolina : with part of Virginia & South Carolina, from the latest & best authorities /
- Contributor Names
- Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins), 1800-1893.
- Created / Published
- N[ew] Y[ork] : Colton, 1863.
- Subject Headings
- - North Carolina--Maps
- - United States--North Carolina
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Scale 1:506,880; 8 miles to an in.
- - Cover title: Colton's new topographical map of the eastern portion of the State of North Carolina.
- - "No. 11."
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1860 ... "
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 304.85
- - Inset: Plan of the sea coast from Virginia to Florida.
- - AACR2: 651/1
- 1 map ; 112 x 68 cm. fold. in cover 16 x 11 cm.
- Call Number
- G3900 1863 .C6
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.