Maps Illustrative map of battle-grounds of August 28th, 29th & 30th, 1862, in the vicinity of Groveton, Prince William Co., Va. : of counsel for the government, chiefly from the survey made under the authority of the Hon. G. W. McCrary, Secretary of War.
Hawley, Joseph R. (Joseph Roswell)
McCrary, George W. (George Washington)
United States. War Department
Bull Run, 2nd Battle Of, Va
Bull Run, 2nd Battle Of, Va.
- Illustrative map of battle-grounds of August 28th, 29th & 30th, 1862, in the vicinity of Groveton, Prince William Co., Va. : of counsel for the government, chiefly from the survey made under the authority of the Hon. G. W. McCrary, Secretary of War.
- Contributor Names
- McCrary, George W. (George Washington), 1835-1890.
- Hawley, Joseph R. (Joseph Roswell), 1826-1905.
- United States. War Department.
- Created / Published
- [Washington : War Dept., 1878?]
- Subject Headings
- - Bull Run, 2nd Battle of, Va., 1862--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Manassas Region
- - Bull Run, 2nd Battle of, Va
- - Scale ca. 1:22,500.
- - LC copy annotated in ink on verso: Maj. Gardner's map, adopted by Gen. Logan & by Gen. Cox.
- - Relief shown by contours and hachures.
- - "No. 1."
- - "W. Boell, photo-lih. [sic] Phila."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 572.8
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - From the papers of Joseph Roswell Hawley.
- - Includes note.
- - Accompanied by: Letter-press descriptive of Illustrative map no. 1 of counsel for the government (1 leaf : photocopy ; 31 x 36 cm.)
- - AACR2
- 1 map : col. : 57 x 68 cm.
- Call Number
- G3884.M25S5 1862 .I4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.