Maps A map of the second section of that part of Georgia now known as the Cherokee Territory in which are delineated all the districts & lots which by an act of the General Assembly were designated the Gold Districts and taken from actual survey /
Cowles, Daggett & Co.
Cherokee County (Ga.)
Cobb County (Ga.)
Fulton County (Ga.)
Marietta Region (Ga.)
- A map of the second section of that part of Georgia now known as the Cherokee Territory in which are delineated all the districts & lots which by an act of the General Assembly were designated the Gold Districts and taken from actual survey /
- Contributor Names
- Green, Orange.
- Cowles, Daggett & Co.
- Created / Published
- U.S. : Cowles, Daggett & Co., [183-?]
- Subject Headings
- - Georgia--Surveys--Maps
- - Marietta region (Ga.)--Surveys--Maps
- - Cobb County (Ga.)--Surveys--Maps
- - Fulton County (Ga.)--Surveys--Maps
- - Cherokee County (Ga.)--Surveys--Maps
- - United States--Georgia
- - United States--Georgia--Marietta region
- - United States--Georgia--Cobb County
- - United States--Georgia--Fulton County
- - Covers Marietta region (Ga.) including portions of the present-day Cobb, Fulton, and Cherokee Counties.
- - Original in Surveyor General Department, Office of Secretary of State, Atlanta, Ga.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy annotated in ink on verso: Cherokee County--gold dist.--sect. 2.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : photocopy ; 77 x 47 cm., sheets 46 x 54 cm.
- Call Number
- G3921.B5 183- .G71
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3921b ct003446 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3921b.ct003446
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.