Maps Map of the battle fields of the Wilderness, May 5th, 6th, and 7th, 1864 : showing the field of operations of the Army of the Potomac commanded by Maj. Gen. George G. Meade, U.S.A. /
Duane, James C. (James Chatham)
Howell, C. W.
Meade, George Gordon
Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe)
United States. Army of the Potomac
Wilderness, Battle of The, Va.
- Map of the battle fields of the Wilderness, May 5th, 6th, and 7th, 1864 : showing the field of operations of the Army of the Potomac commanded by Maj. Gen. George G. Meade, U.S.A. /
- Other Title
- Battle fields of the Wilderness, May 5th, 6th, and 7th, 1864
- Contributor Names
- Howell, C. W.
- Meade, George Gordon, 1815-1872.
- Duane, James C. (James Chatham), 1824-1897.
- Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe), 1832-1895.
- Bien, Julius, 1826-1909.
- United States. Army of the Potomac.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.? : s.n., 1865?]
- Subject Headings
- - Wilderness, Battle of the, Va., 1864--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Wilderness
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC copy 1 from the Orlando M. Poe papers in LC Manuscript Division.
- - Includes note.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 665
- - LC copy 1 annotated in pencil on verso: Map of the Battlefields of the Wilderness, Duane.
- - LC copy 2 annotated in ink on recto: Library of the Department of State.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 59 x 73 cm.
- Call Number
- G3884.W49S5 1865 .H6
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.