Maps Military map of the vicinity of Frankfort, Kentucky /
Brooks, J. H.
Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe)
- Military map of the vicinity of Frankfort, Kentucky /
- Contributor Names
- Brooks, J. H.
- Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe), 1832-1895.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Frankfort (Ky.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fortification--Kentucky--Frankfort--Maps
- - Frankfort (Ky.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Kentucky--Frankfort
- - Shows streets, rivers and creeks, locations of the arsenal and "U.S. Hd. Qrs.," and recommended defensive positions.
- - Annotated in blue pencil : Positions for defensive works proferred [sic] by Col. Gilbert with force and armament marked blue.
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - Annotated in ink: A correct copy, [signed] T.B. Brooks, Capt. N.Y. Vol. Engrs. A.D.C., Engineers Office, District of Central Kentucky, Lexington, Ky., Feb. 18, 1863. Also annotated on verso: Vicinity of Frankfort. T.B. Brooks, 1862, No. 26.
- - From the Orlando M. Poe papers in LC Manuscript Division.
- - Pen and ink.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 220.5
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map : ms., tracing linen ; 70 x 98 cm.
- Call Number
- G3954.F7S5 1863 .B7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.